‘Your personal sculptor is carving a person, thing or event from the last year of your life. What’s the statue of and what makes it so significant?’
What a great Daily Prompt!
In the past year I have come to realise the incredible power language has, specially when working with Autistic children. NLP has taught me how being specific with language can not only help children understand themselves, but help them understand and control their behaviour, and understand the demands of the world around them. I am not sure why NLP is not more widely used in the education sector, because the power and change I have created using this technique is incredible.
My sculpture therefore would look something like this
- The main structure would be a head. It would be see through, so you are able to see all the elements of the brain, which would be colour coded or something so that you can see clearly all the operational areas.
- The figure would be seated, in a thoughtful pose. the face featureless, so that it could represent anyone you wish it to be.
- Kind of exploding / escaping from the head, like thoughts, perhaps speech bubbles, or maybe figures, would be various things:
- Words that represent thoughts, feelings, emotions, worries, words that represent confusing signals for autistic children in the real world. I would actually ask children to tell me what these words would be. Some might include things like ‘they think I am weird’ and ‘they think I am just naughty’
- In a different style / colour / model would be the positive thoughts, prompts and instructions that would cancel out all the other thoughts. like…
- ‘Your thoughts are your limitations’
- ‘If you can control your arms and legs, you can control your behaviour and actions’
Work in progress, but as I developed that I thought if could be really cool! Maybe I should think more specifically about it, and all the thought representations that could be used in the sculpture.
I would want it to represent the confusing thoughts that autistic children have, and the calming solution focussed approach NLP has. The see through brain because in fact NLP unlocks the mind, and teaches you a whole new level of understanding based on the brain, behaviour, emotion and language.